6 Jan 2007: Release 0.7.0 Alpha 1 out
- Migration to JDK 5 (thanks to Italo)
- Improved parsing of Atom (0.3 and 1.0) feeds (contributed by Nilesh)
- Updated 3rd party libraries
- First integration of new persitence manager using the Spring Framework
- Switched to Hibernate 3, switched to manual O/R mappings to get rid of XDoclet dependency and have
full control about the mappingdetails
- Removed implementation for the JDO backend
30 Sep 2005: Beta release 0.6.5
- Many parsing fine-tunings by Aleksey
- Improved poller and cleaner modules, improved thread safety (Many Thanks go out to Aleksey).
- Fix for blogs which have 'created' dates, but not 'issued' dates (in clear contravention of the Atom 0.3 spec)
- Fixed some minor bugs (1145998)
18 Oct 2004: Beta release 0.6.0
- Added new persistence manager concept for convenient operations
on channel groups, channels and news items. You can choose between
the In-Memory and Hibernate persistence manager implementations.
(Many thanks to Aleksey)
- Added Poller and Cleaner modules for convenient multi-threaded
background polling of changes in channels resp.
cleaning of channels (Aleksey).
- Fixed some minor bugs (1015930, 1015926)
- Updated library CGLIB to version 2.0.2
29 Jun 2004: Beta release 0.5.5
- Added support for parsing feeds with Atom 0.3 syntax
- IMPORTANT: we changed the name of the parsing class
from RSSParser to FeedParser
- Added an exporter according to RSS 2.0 specification
- Improved FeedManager: the refresh daemon makes now use of
cache settings (thanks Jean-Guy)
- Improved Hibernate backend robustness (thanks Pito)
- Fixed bug : RSS2 parser fails if namespace declared
- Upgraded library dependencies (JDOM b10)
22 Jun 2004
30 Jan 2004: Beta release 0.5.0
- Restructured core interface inheritance
through introduction of MetaInterfaces (MIF),
breaking neither the public API nor any implementations,
thanks to Alexei Matiouchkine
- Some minor bug fixes (bug)
- Improved Hibernate backend robustness
- Updated Hibernate library to version 2.1.1
9 Nov 2003: Beta release 0.4.5
- Added missing fields to Channel and Item interfaces
to support the RSS 0.9x/1.0/2.0 specification more complete,
thanks to Michael Harhen
- Fixes for the hibernate backend integration
(tested with HypersonicSQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL)
- Updated support for PostgreSQL to version 7.3.2
30 Oct 2003
- The second article by Sam Newman has been published at
RSS. He writes about how intelligent updating using the
Informa API can improve your RSS-based JSPs.
29 Sept 2003: First beta release 0.4.0
- Hibernate backend in place (see de.nava.informa.impl.hibernate)
- OPML Parser (supporting version 1.1) now included.
- Sam added his FeedManager (under de.nava.informa.utils)
- Simplified feed parsing to avoid unnecessary parser collection
and pre-format detection
- Switched to Maven for site generation
14 Aug 2003
- Sam Newman has written Using
RSS in JSP pages, published on java.net where he describes how
the Informa API can be used to develop custom JSP tags for
embedding RSS news feeds into web pages.
27 Jul 2003: Alpha release 0.3.0
- Some minor bugs were fixed and the exception handling was
improved in general.
- Added support for the content syndication module
in the RSS 1.0 exporter and parser, also a
channel comparator included (thanks to Jonathan Krebs).
- Switched to Apache Commons Logging, to support Log4J
and JDK 1.4 Logging.
- Updated code to run with JDOM b9.
6 Apr 2003: Alpha release 0.2.6
- Improved support for timezones in item date handling.
- Some bugfixes to better handle RSS/RDF 1.0 news feeds.
- Easier customization through more log4j categories.
- Better usage of the ChannelFormat class throughout the code.
- Parsing is not any longer restricted to URLs, but do also
accept a File, InputStream or Reader object.
20 Jan 2003: Alpha release 0.2.4
- News channels can now be imported in the RSS 2.0 format.
- Refactored RSS Parsers for better date handling.
- Improved ItemComparator to allow easier news item sorting.
- Also: minor interface adjustments for separating user
metadata from channel informations.
20 Oct 2002: Alpha release 0.2.2
- News channels can now be exported in RDF 1.0 format.
- Package structure polished (JDO related configuration and scripts).
- Some minor documentation issues fixed.
21 Aug 2002
- Another alpha release (0.2.1) with improved JavaDoc.
- Added first sections in FAQ.
7 Aug 2002
- First public alpha release (0.2.0).
- Set up initial web site.